Associate Vice President, Customer Success – Television/Entertainment Vertical
Locations: New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA;
Marketing Evolution is a place where innovative marketing minds, advanced data science, and visionary technology meet. We offer software and strategic consulting services to help marketers plan, measure, and continuously improve their performance and unlock ROI.
Associate Vice President’s (focused in TV/Entertainment vertical), play the role of creating the trusted advisor relationship and driving this culture in their team. They oversee and guide the work efforts we execute with our customers. AVP’s are responsible for understanding how the customer’s business works and anticipating how Marketing Evolution platform and support can best deliver against this vision. Often this requires out of the box thinking that pushes our typical product delivery to something more creatively focused on the customer’s situation. The AVP will be developing and guiding a broader team to execute with this vision in mind. Key characteristics of a strong AVP include:
- Leads the way in driving usage, adoption and advocacy of the Marketing Evolution Software platform at every step in the relationship
- Capable of balancing rolling-up-sleeves to get work done (i.e., has the desire and ability to get “hands on”) with delegation so that team member has clear roles, responsibilities, and is held accountable to our standards
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and “big picture” to help customers solve their toughest marketing and business challenges
- Strives to be a positive mentor / coach and role model to their team members, playing an active role in developing the team’s growth
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and managerial skills
- Ability to build “trusted advisor” relationships with VP level and higher executives at Fortune 500 customers by demonstrating thought leadership in research, analytic, marketing, media and category knowledge
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and information and turn them into actionable insights
- Ability to manage/negotiate customer expectations and trade-offs, sometimes under tight deadlines, and the ability to multi-task; Strong conflict management skills
- Strong desire and appreciation for being part of a growing team that:
- Supports one another and works as partners
- Strives to go the extra mile and over-achieve
- Recognizes and rewards strong performers
- Is committed to company and personal growth and development
- Thirst for learning and to build a strong foundation for long-term career growth and success
- 8 – 12 years of experience, Customer or Agency side; Proven track record of successfully managing high performance teams
- Graduate degree preferred
Specific depth in the Entertainment/TV Vertical:
- General desire to push forward a best in class measurement platform as a thought leader while the way consumers watch TV changes dramatically
- Experience in analytics from both the Ad Sales (selling/positioning TV ads to brands) as well as Promotion (launching TV shows) side of the Television business is desired
- Ability to go customer facing as well as provide input for the product team leaders as they advance the data and technology used to serve Marketing Evolution customers
- 5+ years of experience in television analytics across various types of data sets such that you know the strengths and weakness of each – including but not limited to comScore/Rentrack, Nielsen, STB, OTT and SmartTV data feeds
Some specific responsibilities include:
- “Own” senior-level customer relationships and deliver value on the project that will build repeat business within the TV/Entertainment vertical, and the willingness to pass Marketing Evolution along to their peers/colleagues/friends/networks as a best in class Marketing ROI software solution
- Be cognizant of how the software fits into the overall business/marketing decision making process
- Ensure project execution team is aligned and thinking about the customers overall business as they analyzing and structuring deliverables
- Create confidence in the Director and project team so that the team is also seen as trusted advisors
- Keep tabs on your customer’s business and industry to ensure you are thinking about how our research can address relevant and timely issues
- Must be able and willing to “get into the weeds” when issues arise AND provide a “big picture” view
- Oversee the team delivering the project to ensure all work is delivered at the highest quality and on time
- Ensure overall budget stays on track and help manage customer expectations
- Partner with Director to evaluate when to sit in key meetings/potentially lead key conversations when it is appropriate
- Promote and support flawless execution by the team
- Participate in expanding relationships for current customers and support the sales team during the final stages of selling new business
- The AVP should then leverage this great work with each individual customer to expand the business through this network
- Act as a trusted advisor and high-level strategic leader in key business development meetings with new customer prospects
- Assist VPs and Project Architect teams to price and scope new projects and develop final proposals
- Identify new business opportunities with existing customers and work closely with executive team to proactively expand partnerships
Develop team member careers effectively so that junior team members become equipped to advance
- Manage “upwards” to involve C-level staff and sales teams at appropriate points throughout a project to troubleshoot, help over service customers, and effectively run the team
Company Building Responsibilities
- Own key firm-building activities / efforts: the further advancement of Marketing Evolution as a market leader and great company depends on the contribution of all its team members. We expect individuals at all levels of the organization to help define and participate in these efforts. Once assigned, AVP’s will work with their teams to execute against areas of focus.
Metrics for Success
- All employees have annual career growth goals based on their position and core skills/development areas
- Customer Success AVPs are primarily focused on building great relationships and embedding usage of the platform to drive forward successful renewals and growth with their customer base.
- Customer satisfaction and the ability to form long-lasting customer relationships is a measure of success for our entire company – measured via NPS
- Ability to recognize and implement strategies or processes to improve efficiency, while maintaining flawless project execution
Marketing Evolution Cultural Values
We seek candidates who are excited to work at a company with the following cultural values:
- Disrupt the norm: Cherish the opportunity to find better ways to do things, regardless of how disruptive or initially painful it might be.
- Dissent then execute: Raise issues and fixes in the planning stage, but when it’s time to execute, execute diligently and without reservation.
- Test and learn: When developing new processes or features, link it to a hypothesis, and evaluate that hypothesis without bias.
- Nothing is impossible: Imagine what’s possible and then have the discipline to execute it. One without the other is not valuable.
- Defect is treasure: Every mistake is an opportunity for the organization to learn and make improvements.
- Share success: Given how hard it is to promote change in our industry, celebrate each success along the way.