Marketing Evolution is a place where innovative marketing minds, advanced data science, and visionary technology meet. We offer software and strategic consulting services to help marketers plan, measure, and continuously improve their performance and unlock ROI.
The Data Engineer will provide support in all aspects of the design, mapping, development, and testing of data movement for a data warehouse environment, with emphasis on the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process. In this capacity, the data engineer will participate in data acquisition and transformation delivery and may provide oversight and technical checkpoints to enforce standards and the quality of BI solutions. Additionally, the data engineer will help interpret business processes and create technical requirements, including mapping documents to support the ETL development process, and the execution of ETL jobs.
- Develop ETL source and target mapping design/specifications based on the business requirements and ETL standards and architecture.
- Develop and execute SQL, stored procedures, and server scripts as needed to support ETL code
- Design and execute Unit Test plans and document results.
- Develop ETL/ELT procedures and transforming datasets, preferably “from scratch” using a scripting language.
- Ensure performance metrics are defined, met and tracked and conduct QA reviews.
- Maintain and develop project standards, quality control and documentation.
- Keep supervisor apprised of current status of projects.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of SQL and database concepts.
- Strong understanding of Python.
- Experience writing scripts to retrieve data from REST and/or SOAP APIs.
- Experience with the Linux shell; must understand crontab and how to automate jobs.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Presto, etc.
- Experience with Data Integration tools (especially Pentaho).
- Ability to develop and manage project schedules/project work plans as well as lead design and development reviews.
- Strong and effective communication skills including the ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have an ability to independently track down data sources and the contacts required to get access to them.
- Capability to moderate discussions between technical and non-technical end users including the aptitude to take non-technical requirements and convert them into technical requirements.
- This individual must be a self-starter who can work under general direction.
- Experience with ad server data such as Google Double Click a plus.
- Experience with Bash a plus.
Metrics for Success
- All employees have annual career growth goals based on their position and core skills/development areas; you’ll receive project-based performance reviews quarterly, and career reviews bi-annually
- Customer satisfaction and the ability to drive large efficiency gains are the most important measures of success
Marketing Evolution Cultural Values
- Disrupt the norm: Cherish the opportunity to find better ways to do things, regardless of how disruptive it might be.
- Nothing is impossible: Imagine what’s possible and then have the discipline to execute it. Vision without execution, or execution without vision is not valuable.
- Agile- Test then System Build: When developing new processes or features, link it to a hypothesis, and evaluate that hypothesis without bias. Move quickly and thoughtfully to advance in small increments. If value is validated, focus on end-to-end system building.
- Dissent then execute: In the planning & review cycles, have the crucial conversations. Raise issues and fixes. Fight for what you believe is the right solution. When we shift to execution, we are all in this together. Execute diligently and without reservation.
- Defect is treasure: Every mistake is an opportunity for the organization to learn and make improvements. Ensure we identify the defect, and complete the loop with system change
If you like to be part of a winning team and want to make the best company in the field even better, this is the place for you.
Marketing Evolution embraces and celebrates difference for the benefit of our employees, our products and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, an affirmative action employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Each offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of employment references and post-offer background screenings. We offer a competitive comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401(K) Savings Plan, Vacation and Company holidays.
To recruitment agencies: Marketing Evolution does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Marketing Evolution employees or any other company location. Marketing Evolution is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.