Marketing Evolution is a place where innovative marketing minds, advanced data science, and visionary technology meet. We offer software and strategic consulting services to help marketers plan, measure, and continuously improve their performance and unlock ROI.
Vice Presidents form the leadership of Marketing Evolution’s Customer Success team, as they maintain the customer relationship at the highest level and are accountable for renewing, expanding and seeking referrals. Often times this requires out of the box thinking that pushes our typical product delivery to something more creatively focused on the customer’s situation. The VP develops and guides a broader team to execute with this vision in mind.
Key characteristics of a strong VP include:
- Demonstrated ability to nurture and expand customer relationships on a SaaS based platform - including moving customers from on boarding to successful implementation of platform
- Ability to analyze and interpret information and turn them into actionable coaching for customers; Superior ability to develop and maintain credibility with senior level marketing & media leadership
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and managerial skills
- A sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and committed to follow through, often under tight deadlines
- An ongoing desire to go beyond project-specific work, be innovative, and bring new ideas to the table to improve the product/platform to make happier customers
- Strives to be a positive mentor / coach and role model to their team members, playing an active role in developing their growth
- While not the primary role - strong project management skills and the ability to lead a cross-functional team will make sure you can back up your Directors and you teams will overall run more smoothly.
- 10+ years of experience; 4+ years of media or marketing analytics experience
The VP’s general responsibility is to manage customer relationships while overseeing a team that is focused on day to day execution of multiple research projects of varying size and scope. Some specific responsibilities include:
“Own” senior-level client relationships and deliver value on the project that will build repeat business, and the willingness to pass Marketing Evolution along to their peers/colleagues/friends/networks as strong research partners
- Be cognizant of how the research fits into the overall business/marketing decision making process
- Ensure project execution team is aligned and thinking about the customer’s overall business as they analyze and structure deliverables
- Create confidence in the Director and project team so that the team is also seen as trusted advisors
- Keep tabs on your customer’s business and industry to ensure you are thinking about how our research can address relevant and timely issues
- Must be able and willing to get into the weeds when issues arise AND provide a big picture view
Oversee the team delivering the project to ensure all work is delivered at the highest quality and on time
- Ensure overall budget stays on track and help manage customer expectations
- Partner with Director to evaluate when to sit in key meetings/potentially lead key conversations when it is appropriate
- Promote and support flawless execution by the team
Participate in expanding relationships for current customers and support the sales team during the final stages of selling new business
- The VP should then leverage this great work with each individual customer to expand the business through this network
- Act as a trusted advisor and high-level strategic leader in key business development meetings with new customer prospects
- Assist Project Architect teams to price and scope new projects and develop final proposals
- Identify new business opportunities with existing customers and work closely with executive team to proactively expand partnerships
- Develop team member careers effectively so that junior team members become equipped to advance
- Identify any performance challenges within your team and strategize training or develop goals to ensure the firm can provide the necessary tools and opportunity to succeed
- Manage “upwards” to involve C-level staff and sales teams at appropriate points throughout a project to troubleshoot, help over service customers, and effectively run the team
Company building responsibilities
- Own key firm-building activities / efforts: the further advancement of Marketing Evolution as a market leader and great company depends on the contribution of all its team members. We expect individuals at all levels of the organization to help define and participate in these efforts. Once assigned, VPs will work with their teams to execute against areas of focus.
Metrics for Success
- All employees have annual career growth goals based on their position and core skills/development areas; you’ll receive project-based performance reviews quarterly, and career reviews bi-annually
- Customer satisfaction and the ability to drive large efficiency gains are the most important measures of success
Marketing Evolution Cultural Values
- Disrupt the norm: Cherish the opportunity to find better ways to do things, regardless of how disruptive it might be.
- Nothing is impossible: Imagine what’s possible and then have the discipline to execute it. Vision without execution, or execution without vision is not valuable.
- Agile- Test then System Build: When developing new processes or features, link it to a hypothesis, and evaluate that hypothesis without bias. Move quickly and thoughtfully to advance in small increments. If value is validated, focus on end-to-end system building.
- Dissent then execute: In the planning & review cycles, have the crucial conversations. Raise issues and fixes. Fight for what you believe is the right solution. When we shift to execution, we are all in this together. Execute diligently and without reservation.
- Defect is treasure: Every mistake is an opportunity for the organization to learn and make improvements. Ensure we identify the defect, and complete the loop with system changes